Criminal Injuries Compensation for Police Assault

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) operates a scheme that compensates victims of crimes of violence.

It is important to bear in mind that a victim of a police crime of violence is entitled to make a claim under the scheme.

While police compensation claims are generally best brought through the civil courts, the CICA scheme is designed to be accessible without professional legal representation, so for some people this might be worth considering.

For guidance on seeking criminal injuries compensation following police assault contact our free legal helpline on freephone 0333 888 0419 or email us at [email protected]